• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Moderator
Moderator
Posts:152

Re: Questions? Problems? Post Them Here.

#200068 2 years ago
We have been deleting users posting spam on an almost daily basis and have added several features in the sign up process and the posting process to slow down the spam users. Sorry we have not responded to your email, we do not respond to all the emails with spam names, we just delete them from our user database.
Last Edit: 2 years ago by Moderator.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Phred
Senior Boarder
Posts:418

Re: Questions? Problems? Post Them Here.

#200167 2 years ago
Moderator wrote:
We have been deleting users posting spam on an almost daily basis and have added several features in the sign up process and the posting process to slow down the spam users. Sorry we have not responded to your email, we do not respond to all the emails with spam names, we just delete them from our user database.


All well and good, but as of right now...the bots are winning.
Chester
Moderator
Posts:34082
More or less in line

Re: Questions? Problems? Post Them Here.

#200368 2 years ago
So, this user named "offermen", is the latest to challenge your war on spam. But that's obviously not the user causing the problem.
That's just a fake profile created by someone who is already inside, and generating these profiles as fast as you delete them.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Posts:32509
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Questions? Problems? Post Them Here.

#207539 2 years ago
While we appreciate the efforts you've made so far to combat the spam on the Forum, it's clearly not working. Can you please tell me, and everyone here, why you're just deleting the users and not deleting the actual spam threads?? There's no reason for them to stop if you're allowing them to continue their advertising here. PLEASE START REMOVING THE SPAM THREADS! Thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder
Posts:2008

Re: Questions? Problems? Post Them Here.

#208069 2 years ago
how many posts till I become platinum I just turned Gold today ????
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
Chester
Moderator
Posts:34082
More or less in line

Re: Questions? Problems? Post Them Here.

#208162 2 years ago
alilfurther wrote:
how many posts till I become platinum I just turned Gold today ????


Platinum club begins at 1200. But you are already legendary around here.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: alilfurther
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Posts:32509
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Questions? Problems? Post Them Here.

#208722 2 years ago
SunshineSue wrote:
While we appreciate the efforts you've made so far to combat the spam on the Forum, it's clearly not working. Can you please tell me, and everyone here, why you're just deleting the users and not deleting the actual spam threads?? There's no reason for them to stop if you're allowing them to continue their advertising here. PLEASE START REMOVING THE SPAM THREADS! Thank you.

FYI, I just received the following email from Furthur support:

"Hi,
We do not have staff to read the board all day. We delete users as they are sent to us. If you send threads we can delete them too. Thanks."


Add- I've just sent the links of all the spam threads from the last 2 days, including the large bunch of them in Fan Connect. Hopefully, the admins willingness to remove the threads instead of just deleting the users, which is much appreciated, will help clean things up around here.

.
Last Edit: 2 years ago by SunshineSue.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder
Posts:6476

Re: Questions? Problems? Post Them Here.

#211195 1 year, 11 months ago
admin--i will do that job for meager pay

what i really came here to find out though, what the heck happened to furthurmore friday!?
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder
Posts:2008

Re: Questions? Problems? Post Them Here.

#211250 1 year, 11 months ago
WOW SO SLOW TODAY ...... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Posts:32509
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Questions? Problems? Post Them Here.

#211410 1 year, 11 months ago
alilfurther wrote:
WOW SO SLOW TODAY ...... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

My last 2 pages loads were 78.40 seconds and 87.56 seconds. Just ridiculous!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds